Welcome to the Elastos Blog
Read it here first
CR Council Elections Instructional Guide
The following document serves as a guidebook for individuals and organizations that are newcomers to Cyber Republic, the official DAO of the Elastos ecosystem. Below are a series of step-by-step instructions and corresponding screenshots to assist parties participating in Cyber Republic Council elections. For more information on the elections culminating on June 11th, click here.
Before proceeding, all interested parties should download the latest version of ELA Wallet or Elephant Wallet, which are the foremost resources that will enable users to interface with the Cyber Republic Council election. The wallet applications are available for download at the following links:
- Download ELA Wallet for iOS (Registration and Voting)
- Download ELA Wallet for Android (Registration and Voting)
- Download Elaphant Wallet for iOS (Voting Only)
- Download Elaphant Wallet for Android (Voting Only)
1. Candidates: How to Run for Cyber Republic Council
In order to run for a position on the CR Council, candidates will first need to open a wallet, generate a DID, and then register their wallet and DID as a CR Council candidate.
To begin, start the ELA Wallet application, and open a wallet:
- Begin on the ELA Wallet home screen.
- Either import an existing wallet by clicking “Import Wallet”, or click “Create Wallet” to generate a new one. (Click images to enlarge)
- Select “Standard Wallet.”
- Input relevant wallet information in order to create or import a wallet.
- Back up Wallet as desired.
Now on the main wallet screen, you are ready to begin the DID registration process.
- Select the “+” button in the middle of the screen.
- Switch “IDChain” on.
- Leave your application open until both the ELA and ID chains sync to 100%. This could take up to 2 hours the first time.
- Deposit at least 5,000.2 ELA to your ELA wallet address.
- Select ELA and then Deposit to Sidechain.
- Enter your ID Sidechain Address and deposit at least 0.1 ELA.
- You should now have at least 5000.1 ELA on the ELA chain and 0.1 ELA on the ID Chain.
- Select “Settings” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Select “DID”.
- Input basic DID information, and select “Next”.
- Input as much or as little information as you would like to share with the Elastos ecosystem.
- Select “Release” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Now that you have an active wallet and a registered DID, you are ready to register as a Candidate in the CR Council election.
- Navigate to the “Community” tab on the bottom center of the screen.
- Select “CR Council Election”.
- Select the bottom center tab labeled “Registration”.
- Sign the CR Council Member Election Agreement.
- Input information to complete registration, and click “Confirm”.
If you are elected for CR Council, you will have two options to setup and maintain your required supernode. You can delegate it to the CR Secretariat, or you can set it up yourself.
- Video Guide
- Written Guide
2. Voters: How to Vote in Cyber Republic Council Elections 2.1. ELA Wallet
Tokenholders that possess ELA in their ELA Wallets may vote for any number of CR Council candidates. Each ELA confers 1 vote to a tokenholder, and tokenholders may distribute all their votes to a single candidate or distribute them across any number of candidates.
- Begin on the ELA Wallet home screen.
- Navigate to the bottom center tab labeled “Community”.
- Select “CR Council Election”. (Click images to enlarge)
- Select the candidates you intend to vote for, and then select “Add to Candidate List”.
- Once you have filled your Candidate List, click “Vote” on the right-most tab on the bottom of the screen.
- Mark each candidate with a “check” in the circle to the left of their name.
- Input the amount of ELA (and corresponding votes) you would like to allocate to each candidate on the line to the right of their name. If you wish to distribute all of your available ELA equally amongst the candidates on your Candidate List, mark a check in the “All & Average” box on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click “Vote.”
- You will be prompted to enter your password to complete the transaction.
- Voting Complete!
2.2. Elaphant Wallet – Coming Soon
For any further inquiries into Cyber Republic, its operations, the following links and resources will serve as support: Cyber Republic WebsiteCyber Republic Whitepaper For any technical challenges that arise relating to your selected wallet application, support is available at the following links: ELA Wallet SupportElaphant Wallet Support