Welcome to the Elastos Blog
Read it here first
Elastos Bi-Weekly Update – June 26, 2023
Elastos core teams have made significant updates across its technology ecosystem. On the Mainchain, numerous updates have been implemented to improve the user experience for multi-address wallet users participating in BPoS Voting and Staking, as well as features to support multisig wallet for BPoS nodes registration. Some key adjustments and troubleshooting to improve the function of the mainchain were also undertaken. On the Elastos Sidechains, upgrades to the EID EVM is underway and stress testing was conducted. Issues with ESC synchronization and EID consensus were resolved. Essentials wallet underwent UI improvements and bug fixes. DID integration and testing with KYC-ME were carried out. Carrier saw interface updates, bug fixes, and deployment of services related to the Active Proxy Helper.
- Enhanced user experience for multi-address wallet users, facilitating their participation in BPoS voting and staking.
- Implemented a feature to support the registration of BPoS nodes via a multi-signature wallet.
- Refined the data structure associated with bNFT, enabling contracts on the ESC to display attributes such as the bNFT staking period.
- Undertook key adjustments and troubleshooting: 1) Streamlined the activation process for BPoS nodes; 2) Rectified abnormalities that occurred in the status of mainchain nodes under certain exceptional circumstances; 3) Enhanced the display of mainchain node version information; 4) Optimized the algorithmic execution for restoring mainchain consensus.
- The EID EVM is set to be upgraded to the London version; currently, it’s being deployed on the testnet for trials.
- Conducted an investigation into the optimal strategy for integrating DID data with solidity contracts.
- Undertook a comprehensive study on the eth EVM Shanghai version upgrade and made necessary preparations for a potential upgrade to the Shanghai version.
- Executed robust stress tests on the sidechain to measure throughput under various server distribution scenarios nationwide.
- Successfully completed the testing of the BPoS NFT.
- Resolved the issue of unstable synchronization of the SPV module on the ESC and EID sidechains.
- Addressed the instability issue within the ESC, EID consensus under unique circumstances.
- Optimized the display of wallet icons and addresses on the Identity profile page.
- Improved the process for selecting Identity wallet addresses and streamlined the UI flow when only one wallet is present.
- Fixed a bug preventing some CR Council members from withdrawing their deposits.
- Collaborated with KYC-ME for the testing and verification of EE integration.
- Enhanced the UI and the process for importing credentials into the Identity app.
- Optimized the initialization of the widget section on the home screen, reducing loading time.
- Fixed bugs reported by the community.
- Prepared Version 3.0.9 and conducted testing and verification.
- Temporarily disabled the anti-counterfeiting algorithm via the Alibaba backend; meanwhile, the frontend integration eKYC: IDORC (for Document Recognition) and FaceLiveness (for Face Recognition) interface call has been implemented.
- Enhanced the kyc-me.io website by enabling login via Essentials and introducing passport scanning/face recognition for eKYC authentication, post receiving authentication results. Additionally, implemented the feature that allows KYC-ed Verifiable Credentials, issued by the KYC-me service, to be imported into Essentials.
- Updated the validity period of KYC-ed Verifiable Credentials to one year.
- Enabled storage of Credentials issued by the kyc-me.io service in the frontend browser’s LocalStorage.
- Completed the integration of the kyc-me.io service with the Alibaba Cloud eKYC backend service interface. The overall process verification function operates normally and is ready for community function verification.
- Implemented the updated deployment of the kyc-me.io service following eKYC integration.
- Conducted integration testing between kyc-me.io and Essentials.
- Collaborated with Alibaba Cloud technical support to address eKYC integration running problems, while also providing a list of issues discovered during debug testing.
- Updated the AnnouncePeer/FindPeer interface for Carrier Java and Native;
- resolved build failure on the Windows platform due to outdated and changed dependencies for Carrier Native
- debugged occasional test case errors in the CI flow in Carrier Native
- Updated the developer portal documents
- Completed functional testing and verification of the Carrier Native iOS/Swift interface encapsulation
- Improved Active Proxy Helper service and related API authentication and access token management
- Deployed services related to Active Proxy Helper, and API docking
- Improved the prototype website pc2.net, and started docking with the ActiveProxy Helper backend service
- Carrier Java’s ActiveProxy service implemented a signature mechanism for server endpoints, ensuring the validity of Peer information after Super Node mapping
- Guided the community team in deploying Carrier Version1’s bootstrap node
The Trinity and Gelaxy Team