Welcome to the Elastos Blog
Read it here first
Elastos Bi-Weekly Update – July 23th, 2023
The latest Elastos biweekly update demonstrates significant progress across the ecosystem. On the mainchain, the team completed a recovery algorithm for BPoS consensus in preparation for the upcoming upgrade to enhance security and efficiency. The team also deployed an automated distribution tool for ELA rewards associated with the BPoS Validator Incentive Program. Tests were conducted to implement multi-signature registration for CR Council members. Over on the sidechains, the EID sidechain EVM was upgraded. The team also worked on ensuring smooth and secure communication between an ESC smart contract and DID data by simulating the interaction process.
Essentials focused on BitTorrent Chain integration, UI/UX refinements, and building out BPoS NFT-related functionalities. Regarding DID, the team has been working on a range of improvements and fixes to the DID verification process on kyc-me.io. They also started developing a Custodial DID Service for accessibility. For Carrier, updates centered on tweaking structures, enhancing services like Active Proxy, and adding more capabilities.
Overall, enhancements across mainchain, sidechains, Essentials wallets, DID, and Carrier demonstrate Elastos’ customer-focused approach to delivering robust and user-friendly tools for Web3.
- Completed the development of a new algorithm for the BPoS consensus.
- Finalized tests for the impending July upgrade and prepared it for immediate deployment.
- Developed and deployed an automatic distribution tool for returns from the ELA Incentive Program on the mainnet, and executed the first disbursement.
- Initiated tests of Cyber Republic-related transactions to support multi-signature wallets, aiming to facilitate multi-signature registration for CR members.
- Upgraded the EID ESC sidechain Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) to the Shanghai version, subjected it to testnet evaluation, passed all tests, and readied it for immediate deployment.
- Simulated the process for the interaction between ESC smart contract and DID data.
- Conducted investigations into developer incentive schemes and adjustments to gas cost structures.
- Collaborating with the Essentials Team to develop the BPoS NFT-related functionalities.
- Refined the token integration for the BitTorrent Chain (BTTC).
- Enhanced the Celo network integration process.
- Revamped the UI/UX design of the BPoS consensus application.
- Addressed the UI/UX issues within the Identity dApp to improve user experience.
- Conducted integration testing for kyc-me and rectified any identified issues.
- Currently developing certain functionalities related to BPoS NFT.
- Resolved login issues at kyc-me.io due to DID Resolve failure, improved the UI interface, and implemented error notification pop-ups.
- Addressed the inconsistency issues between passport number/ passport number hash format and JSON-LD contexts.
- Optimized error prompts for failed authentication on kyc-me.io.
- Implemented a rejection warning for KYC authentication of expired passports on kyc-me.io, and introduced proper notification prompts.
- Implemented a rejection warning for face-obscured recognition on kyc-me.io (no support for mask recognition), and added corresponding prompts.
- Continued UI enhancements on kyc-me.io, fixed minor issues found during internal testing, and incorporated feedback from the Essential Wallet team.
- Simulated various usage situations to uncover potential issues, such as delayed camera authorization during authentication when the device cache is cleared.
- Removed client-side code related to the original Passbase authentication on kyc-me.io.
- Drafted and submitted a technical plan for the Custodial DID Service.
- Kept track of issues reported by Alibaba Cloud KYC
- Changed the PeerInfo structure by generating PeerId through public keys and signing.
- Implemented Persistent Announce for Peer/Value in Carrier Java, facilitating automatic re-announcements to maintain Peer/Value validity.
- Referenced Carrier Java to implement changes in PeerInfo structure and Persistent Announce feature in Carrier Native.
- Continued debugging efforts to stabilize the Carrier Active Proxy service.
- Improved interface displays during abnormal conditions when accessing mapped services via the pc2 domain name through Active Proxy.
- Enhanced the implementation of the pc2.net domain registration website.
- Updated the Carrier tech guide while maintaining ongoing interaction with the user community.