Welcome to the Elastos Blog
Read it here first
BPoS Validator Incentive Program
We are delighted to announce the launch of the BPoS Validator Incentive Program!
The goal of this incentive program is to promote a smooth transition to the new Bonded Proof of Stake (BPoS) consensus mechanism by rewarding early Community BPoS Validators.
The Elastos Foundation accumulated 1,000,000 ELA as part of the recent ELA Buyback Program to support the rollout of the new BPoS consensus. This ELA will be used to stake on Community BPoS Validator nodes to help activate them since Community BPoS nodes only become active once they attain 80,000 staking rights.
The BPoS Validator Incentive Plan will begin on April 24th, 2023, at 0:00 a.m. (UTC+0), so don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to participate in building a robust and secure blockchain network. Join us in the program and reap the benefits of being an early Community BPoS Validator!
- Start Time: April 24th 2023 at 0:00 a.m. (UTC+0) ;
- Activation Condition: Incentive staking results in ≥36 active nodes
- ELA Staked: 1,000,000 ELA;
- Stake Duration: Dynamic (minimum 10 days);
- Profit Distribution: All ELA staking rewards distributed to active node owners monthly;
- Program Length: This incentive program will run for up to 1 year;
Bonded Proof of Stake (BPoS) is the second layer of the Elastic Consensus Model used by the Elastos Ecosystem, see the recent Elastic Consensus Technical Overview blog post to learn more.
The DAB Team
Didn’t find what you’re
Check out our dedicated technical resources